Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Can Clearly Not Choose The Candidate In Front Of You!

Yesterday a long-time supporter of Joe Pantalone flopped and is now officially endorsing Smitherman for mayor. Let's forget, for a moment, that the opinion polling numbers are biased, meaningless and poorly reported and just remember that voting "strategically" is a good way to get a bad mayor while feeling really clever and self-satisfied. I think that saying "I think Joe Pantalone would be the best mayor but I'm going to vote for Smitherman" puts in you a similar position to the Sicilian from the Princess Bride. And we all know how that ends:



In any case, I'm with Janet Davis who said “I am strategically voting. I’m strategically voting by endorsing Joe Pantalone, the best candidate for mayor and for the future of our city.”

3 comments:

chocolate cake said...

Janet Davis is in my ward.

Justin said...

You just wanted an excuse to post a Princess Bride video : >
Kidding, hope you get a decent mayor.

terriblenews said...

Can't it be both, Justin? :*)

Also, I don't know anything about her, but I think you should vote for Janet Davis, Jen. :*)